Negotiating a good price on a new car can save hundreds or even thousands of…
Negotiating a good price on a new car can save hundreds or even thousands of dollars, but shoppers can save even more simply by choosing the right car to begin with, Kelly Blue Book reports.
Purchase price is just one of the costs associated with vehicle ownership, and when the continuing costs of fuel, financing, insurance and depreciation are considered, saving a few bucks up front can cost more when all is said and done.
Helping consumers shop smart and save money, Kelley Blue Book’s expert editors today name the 2018 model-year brand and category winners of the seventh annual 5-Year Cost to Own Awards, recognizing new vehicles with the lowest projected ownership costs.
Available on Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com for new models, 5-Year Cost to Own information takes into consideration depreciation, expected fuel costs, finance and insurance fees, maintenance and repair costs, and state fees.
This year the 2018 KBB Cost to Own winners are:
- Brand: Hyundai
- Luxury Brand: Acura
- Subcompact Car: Chevrolet Spark
- Electric Vehicle: Nissan LEAF
- Compact Car: Toyota Corolla iM
- Subcompact SUV/Crossover: Honda HR-V
- Sporty Compact Car: Honda Civic Si
- Compact SUV/Crossover: Subaru Crosstrek
- Mid-Size Car: Hyundai Sonata
- Mid-Size SUV/Crossover: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Full-Size Car: Chevrolet Impala
- Full-Size SUV-Crossover: Chevrolet Tahoe
- Entry-Level Luxury Car: Acura ILX
- Luxury Compact SUV/Crossover: Buick Encore
- Luxury Car: Lexus GS
- Luxury Mid-Size SUV/Crossover: Infiniti QX60
- High-End Luxury Car: Porsche Panamera
- Luxury Full-Size SUV/Crossover: Infiniti QX80
- Sports Car: Chevrolet Camaro
- Mid-Size Pickup Truck: Toyota Tacoma
- High-Performance Car: Dodge Challenger SRT
- Hybrid/Alternative Energy Car: Toyota Prius c
- Full-Size Pickup Truck: Ford F-150
- Minivan: Honda Odyssey
2018 model-year vehicle’s projected ownership costs are based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data for the initial five-year ownership period. Find out more at www.kbb.com/new-cars/5-year-cost-to-own-awards/.