Skip nav to main content.

Wages and Bennies

So what does the average person make? The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has some…

  • July 4, 2018

So what does the average person make? The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has some answers:

Employer costs for employee compensation averaged $36.32 per hour worked in March 2018, the BLS reports.

Wages and salaries averaged $24.77 per hour worked and accounted for 68.2 percent of these costs, while benefit costs averaged $11.55 and accounted for the remaining 31.8 percent.

Total employer compensation costs for private industry workers averaged $34.17 per hour worked in March 2018.

Total employer compensation costs for state and local government workers averaged $49.40 per hour worked.

Employer Costs for Employee Compensation (ECEC), a product of the National Compensation Survey, measures employer costs for wages, salaries, and employee benefits for nonfarm private and state and local government workers.

Leave a Comment