Skip nav to main content.

How Much Are Employers Shelling Out for Workers? Around $36.22 an Hour

Employer costs for employee compensation averaged $36.22 per hour worked in June 2018, the U.S….

  • October 12, 2018

Employer costs for employee compensation averaged $36.22 per hour worked in June 2018, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.

Wages and salaries averaged $24.72 per hour worked and accounted for 68.3 percent of these costs, while benefit costs averaged $11.50 and accounted for the remaining 31.7 percent. Total employer compensation costs for private industry workers averaged $34.19 per hour worked.

Total employer compensation costs for state and local government workers averaged $49.23 per hour worked.

Employer Costs for Employee Compensation (ECEC), a product of the National Compensation Survey, measures employer costs for wages, salaries, and employee benefits for nonfarm private and state and local government workers.

Leave a Comment